I started this blog in order to have a place to keep track of all the things you do, big and small. I began this process in a journal when I first found out I was pregnant with you. However, since my handwriting is much slower -and much sloppier!- than my typing, I've decided to come here to update your "latests". In no particular order:
* You are a scrounger! Where ever we are -church, home, grandparent's house- you move your hand back and forth on the floor, in search of something, anything. Usually to put in your mouth. You become quite disappointed when you come up empty handed. And you always look boldly at me when you try to put said treasures in your mouth. (I think -I hope!- I reach you in time...)
* Pointing! Oh, my! How you love to point these days!! When in front of the fridge, you love to point to the pictures of "baby" Carol or to your cousins. You also enjoy pointing at Daddy while we eat dinner. In the evenings, when getting ready for bed, as we say our prayers, you point at the people in your (family) picture book: Baby Carol, Mommy, Daddy, Nana, "G", Grandmama, Grandaddy, etc.... Lately, when I get you out of your crib in the morning or after your nap, you point at the pictures in your room, and just chatter away at them/to them. Pointy McPoint, you are!
* You never stop moving. Ever. No wonder you haven't gained any weight, but are still thriving. You burn up any calories as soon as they enter your little tummy.
* With every bite of food you eat off your little baby spoon, you immediately stick your thumb in your mouth. ...you don't suck your thumb at any other time, but when eating, you chomp away on it. I don't why in the world you do that, but you've been doing this for about a month now.
* Speaking of mealtimes, clean up is a drag! Not only do you fuss and even produce real tears when I DARE to wipe your face, but you also re-dirty your hands when you SCROUNGE around the seat of your chair, looking for fallen goodies.
* Books: You love to read a good book. One of your favorites at the moment is Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb, for which you will even bop up and down, while Mommy reads/sings it to you. You've even learned how to help mommy turn the page when asked. But more than reading, you love to toss books out of their basket in the den, on to the floor.